Teacher Drichoutis Andreas
Duration Time 13 weeks
Credits : 5
Lecture Hours : 5
Lab Hours : 0
This course introduces students to the concept of data analysis using econometric tools in order to answer relevant economic problems using primary and secondary data.
By successfully completing this course the student will:
- Will have a good knowledge and understanding of the basic theory around simple and multiple regression and will be able to estimate a regression using basic computer software
- Will understand the consequences of violations of basic assumptions and the alternative ways available for estimation.
- Will understand the role and usefulness of qualitative variables and how these can be used in an econometric model.
- Will be able to interpret results and evaluate economic significance, examine the effect of economic policies and/or make predictions.
- will have the ability to analyze and interpret patterns of data by using econometric tools that can be used in making judgements about related socio-economic problems.