Teacher Savvas Dimitrios
Duration Time 13 weeks
Credits : 5
Lecture Hours : 3
Lab Hours : 2
After successfully completing the course, attendees will be able to:
- have a sound overview of the current status and perspectives of vegetable production in Greece and at global level, the nutritional value, and the economic aspects of producing vegetables both in open field and in greenhouse, as well as their marketing,
- select the most appropriate crops and cropping systems for a particular cultivation site,
- understand the major interactions between vegetable production, root and air environment, including climatic conditions,
- advise growers about the most appropriate cropping practices and new technological developments in the sector of vegetable production and marketing,
- understand the different links of the vegetable supply chain after harvesting, including harvesting technologies and their economics, package, transport, post-harvest storage and marketing.
- Apply good agricultural practices based on integrated crop management in the vegetable production sector.
- Support as advisors or inspectors certification procedures in vegetable production enterprises
- Compile technical studies on vegetable production
- Support research projects related to the vegetable supply chain.
- Establish and manage a vegetable production or marketing enterprise.