Principles in Food Industry
This module aims to introduce students to Food Science and Technology. In particular:
- Introduces the basic knowledge and principles of food science and the technologies linked with the production of safe and nutritious, fresh or processed foods.
- Describes the main food process technologies (drying, freezing, thermal processing).
Upon successful completion of the course the student:
- Will have knowledge and understanding of key issues and the latest developments in Food Science and Technology.
- Has acquired the ability to understand complex concepts and to be informed about developments in the field of Food Science and Nutrition.
- Will be able to formulate and express opinions on Food Science and Nutrition issues to multiple recipients such as the scientific community of other disciplines, the Food Industry, professionals of the particular field, society.
- Has acquired communication skills on Food and Nutrition.
The knowledge, scientific abilities and skills that students will have acquired with this introductory course can be led, if they wish, to postgraduate studies in the particular or related scientific subjects.