This course extends on knowledge gained in the course of Econometrics. In addition, theory is extended to non-linear models while at the same time these models are applied in real world practical problems. The aim of the course is to apply microeconometric methods of analyzing data with econometric software.
More specifically, the course aims in understanding linear and non-linear econometric models as well as apply all relevant hypotheses tests with respect to these models. In addition, students will acquire skills of applied econometric analysis in order to be able to answer interesting questions from microeconomic. The purpose of the course will be fulfilled by applying microeconometric analysis methods to real world data.
By successfully completing this course the student will:
- be able to understand how the nature of the dependent variable dictates which microeconometric model needs to be applied and when it is appropriate to use each model and hypothesis testing
- know all core methods of doing econometric analysis with microeconomic data
- conduct autonomous data analysis, interpret results and answer microeconomic related problems
- have developed necessary skills for continuing his/her studies at graduate level
- have the ability to analyze and interpret data by using microeconometric tools that can be used in making judgements about related socio-economic problems.