7th Semester, Elective Courses, Laboratory of Agricultural Extension, Rural Systems & Rural Sociology
Teacher Koutsouris Alexandros
Duration Time 13 weeks
Credits : 5
Lecture Hours : 3
Lab Hours : 2
Τhe course aims at the familiarization of students with the concepts and practice of agritourism and the design of relevant development programmes.
By successfully completing the course students will be able to:
- Describe, distinguish and explain the fundamental concepts and theories of tourism development and alternative tourism.
- Describe and justify the relationship between rural/agri-tourism and sustainable rural development.
- Describe, distinguish and explain the national and EU policies for agritourism development.
- Develop an agritourism development plan.
- Evaluate an agritourism development plan.
- Cooperate with peers to collect appropriate materials so as to put together and present a piece of work related to the course contents/interests.