Credits : 5
Lecture Hours : 3
Lab Hours : 3
Upon successful completion of the course the student will
- be able to distinguish the capabilities of the components of a computer and will be able to choose the synthesis of a computer system that satisfies his/her needs
- understand what an Operating System is (and does) and how the way that the operating system works interferes with the operational qualification of the computer.
- exploit the basic concepts of Computer Science with broader extensions to society, employment, scientific progress and philosophy,
- be able to exploit dedicated software packages for the processing and analysis of data,
- be able to use the computer at a collaborative learning level with fellows, in the context of team work.
- understand what a database is, design simple databases and implement them by using specialized for this purpose software
- be able to create (in the form of data flow diagrams) algorithms for solving computational problems