Business Intelligence Systems
Credits : 5
Lecture Hours : 3
Lab Hours : 2
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand the meaning and characteristics of an intelligent system,
- Understand the concept of an intelligent training system,
- Understand and recognize the differences between OLTP Databases and Data Warehouses and create Data Warehouses according to the steps of the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) process.
- Diagnose problems that have occurred as a result of the data integration and transformation.
- Create well structured dimension tables and fact tables and use them to create star and snowflake schemata.
- Distinguish and choose the most appropriate method for knowledge extraction through a large number of data,
- Acquire the necessary skills to exploit ready-made tools for data mining , in order to develop an intelligent system,
- Combine results of classification, clustering and association rules and will be able to end up with the production of new knowledge.